Emergency Medical Services & Education
Spring 2023 – March 20, 2023 – July 13, 2023
Thank you so much for choosing Hardtner Emergency Medical Training Center. We are currently in the process of accepting applications for the Emergency Medical Technician course.
The Emergency Medical Technician course has been scheduled to begin on March 20, 2023, and end on July 13, 2023. Classes will be two days a week from 4:30 pm to 9:30 pm. The two days week will rotate first Monday and Tuesday and then Wednesday and Thursday. Occasionally will have class on Saturday.
This course is a 17-week course. The first 15 weeks will be lectures and skills, the 16th week will be final testing, and the 17th week will be make-up and retest week. In addition, there will be online assignments through Pearson MyLab. Students will also have a two-day ride along on an ambulance.
The cost of the course will be $1650.00. This cost will include Pearson My lab with eText, Fisdap testing, drug testing, criminal background check, and physical. In addition, students will be responsible for textbooks, uniforms, and national/state testing fees.
Students must be registered for the class no later than March 13, 2022. Students must place a $150.00 nonrefundable deposit to hold their seats. There is a payment plan available.
All tuition, fees, and expenses must be paid by cash, check, certified check, money order, or credit card to Hardtner Medical Center.
We look forward to working with you to achieve your goal of becoming an EMT!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Rhea Tannehill, BS, NRP (EMS Director of Operation/ Education Coordinator) at (318)495-3131 ext. 250 or 318-312-9639 and email firstname.lastname@example.org
Requirements of eligibility for EMT course
- Students must be 17 years or older.
- Students between 17 and 18 years must have signed consent from their parent or legal guardian.
- Students in high school must have 2.0 cumulative GPA.
- Non-high school students must have a high school diploma or GED
- Students must be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Students should have their certification in Basic Life Support (BLS). However, BLS course will be offered through the EMT course.
- Students cannot have any physical or mental impairment that would render his/her abilities to perform all practical skills required for the EMT level of licensure without accommodation.
- Students must not have any arrest/conviction on his/her record unless the EMS Certification Commission has cleared the student. Background check must be done prior to first day of class.
- Students are not to be under the influence of any drugs or intoxication substances that impair the ability to provide patient care or operate a motor vehicle while in class or clinical. A drug screening test must be done before the first day of class.
- Students must have up-to-date immunization records.
- Students must have received a TB test or screening within 12 months.
- Students should have a physical exam before the first day of class.
Application / Forms
Parental consent forms are required for students under the age of 18 and must be signed/uploaded through online application.
***Our EMT Class has been approved through the Louisiana Workforce Develop for individuals needing financial assistance. If you need financial aid, you can go to LaSalle Business & Career Solutions Center at 3108 N 1st, Jena, La, or call 318-992-8264.***